Privacy and Cookie Policies
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small files which are stored on your computer. They are designed to hold a modest amount of data specific to your website visit on our site.
Cookies help to improve your visit to our website by helping with the following:
• Remembering settings, so you don’t have to keep re-entering when you visit a new page
• Remembering information you give (e.g. postcode) so you don’t need to keep entering it
• Measuring how you use the website so we can make sure it meets your needs
Please note that cookies can't harm your computer and we do not store personally identifiable information in cookies we use on this website.
We're giving you this information in order to comply with UK legislation, and to make sure we're honest and clear about your privacy when using our website.
As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
The Cookies we use:
General website cookies
This website is built using PHP web technologies and MODX, as part of that we use the built in session cookie (PHPSESSID) to manage your session. When you navigate to the site, the server establishes a unique session that last for the duration of your visit.
Measuring website usage – Google Analytics
Note: 'Us' refers to Drainage Sales 'You', 'User(s)', 'Visitor' refers to any person who uses this website.
This Web site is owned and controlled by PBSL Group Limited t/a Drainage Sales.
Opt-Out Option: We expect the information we hold to be accurate and up to date. You have the right as an individual to find out what information we hold about you and make changes if necessary; you also have the right, assuming we are not obligated by law to refuse, to ask us to stop using the information. If you would like to have your personally identifiable information removed from Drainage Sales databases going forward, please e-mail email@example.com and we will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request. However, there will be residual information that will remain within Drainage Sales databases, access logs, and other historical internal records, which may or may not contain such personally identifiable information.
The Information We May Gather:
Non personally identifiable information:
1. As a standard practice, Drainage Sales assigns a random number to each user for anonymously tracking content preferences and traffic patterns. This random number lets us keep track of "how many" times users are doing specific things - like visiting our site each month - without really knowing who those users are (unless they specifically tell us). We analyse this data for trends and statistics, such as which parts of our site users are visiting and how long they spend there. We also gather information about what users are searching for. We use all this information in order to improve our content, plan site enhancements, and measure overall site effectiveness.
Personally identifiable information:
1. General: In certain areas of this Site, we require that you provide us with personally identifiable information, in order to be able to use that portion or those portions of this Site. This information contains: your name, address, telephone number, email address, IP address, purchases, payment transactions.
2. Phone calls may be monitored or recorded for training, record keeping and/or quality assurance purposes. The phone records are destroyed after 6 weeks, however summarised notes of the conversations and agreements are kept within our CRM system for record keeping and to improve our customer service.
The information that we collect about you will only be used lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2018). All data is retained exclusively within the United Kingdom, or transferred only to ‘third countries’ where ‘adequacy of protection’ or specific certification as defined by The GDPR has been confirmed.
The legal basis for processing your data is based on the performance of a contract/ purchase from Drainage Sales, requesting a quote or registering for our newsletter, that we will have stated at the point the information was initially provided, therefore we will not store, process or transfer your data outside the parties detailed above unless we have an appropriate lawful reason to do so. Unless we are precluded from doing so by law, you have the right to remove your consent at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting us and requesting that processing of your details be restricted or deleted.
Our data sets are regularly reviewed to ensure that only data necessitated by warranty and/ or legal requirements is kept.
Protection of personal information
Drainage Sales takes precautions, including administrative, technical, and physical measures, to safeguard your Data against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Drainage Sales uses industry-standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of Data, including encryption, firewalls and SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of your Data.
If you have any queries about this policy please feel free to contact us or write us at PBSL Group Ltd, Unit 1B, Altbarn, Hawkins Road, Colchester, Essex, CO2 8LG, United Kingdom.
If you have a concern about how we handle your data, or you would like to lodge a complaint, you may do so by contacting The Information Commissioners Office.