Cast Iron Gutter - Half Round
Hargreaves Premier Half Round Cast Iron Gutter is manufactured using traditional methods to BS 460. Available in a choice of four sizes - 100mm, 115mm, 125mm and 150mm. Half Round Cast Iron can be ordered in either factory finished gloss black or in a grey transit primer to give protection on site prior to being painted in a colour of your choice.
Cast Iron Half Round Gutter is about as traditional as buildng materials can get in the UK. Used since victorian times, this type of gutter represents a timeless style that has endured for over a hundred years throughout all kinds of developments in building technology. Strong, durable and totally recyclable, Cast Iron is stll a widely used material in all types of applications in the UK building industry and in partcular in plumbing, heating and drainage projects. Much favoured on listed buildings, schools and churches, cast iron gutters are still a very popular choice for public and private buildings alike.
FEATURES OF CAST IRON GUTTERING
Key features are as follows:
- The system is manufactured in the UK to BS460:1964
- Black Painted or Grey Transit Primer Finish available
- Minimum 40 year life expectancy when correctly installed
- Wide choice of profiles - Half Round, Beaded Half Round, Box Section, Deepflow and three different decorative Ogee designs
- Three standard sizes of downpipe are available to choose from: 65mm (2 1/2"), 75mm (3") and 100mm (4")
- Superb range of Ornamental Hoppers Available.
BENEFITS OF CAST IRON GUTTERS
Cast Iron is an exceptionally strong and durable material - many original installations from the Victorian era are still in existence in the UK, particularly around London and the north of England. When correctly maintained, Cast Iron Gutter will outlast all rival products that are made from other materials.
As Cast Iron is synonymous with tradition, it lends itself exceptionally well to period style properties from one-off houses to Victorian style terraces. It is also the first choice of guttering material for listed buildings, so much so that many planning officers will not accept any substitute materials. As iron is a natural material it is also totally recyclable - combine this fact with the tremendously long lifespan of this material and cast iron can rightly be viewed as a very green material.
WHY CHOOSE HARGREAVES FOUNDRY?
- All gutters and downpipes are centrifugally cast, guaranteeing totally straight lengths, an even surface finish, and consistent metal thickness throughout the gutter/pipe length.
- Internal flow of the gutter/pipe is both efficient and unobstructed.
- Hargreaves Foundry utilises a traditional sand moulding method, in which they have over 140 years’ experience – this gives all fittings a consistent texture free of obvious joint lines.
For more details, check out our guides and tips to see why Hargreaves guttering stands out from competitors.
Additional finishes/services are also available, including:
- Premier extra paint finish – a high gloss, two pack PU black paint finish that eliminates the need for painting the lengths on site. These can also be painted to any RAL or BS colour to suit your requirements.
- Premier extra coastal finish – a heavy duty version of the premier extra finish, for use in areas within approx. 5 miles of a coastline. Ensures durability of the finish & quality of the gutters.
- Bespoke manufacture – if you’re having trouble finding a system that fits your requirements, Hargreaves Foundry also offers bespoke manufacture of products. With their own foundry and fabrication facilities onsite, they can replication any existing rainwater pipe or create a new system to fit your requirements (from drawings/samples)
To find out more about these additional services and finishes, please contact our team.
COMPATIBILITY OF CAST IRON GUTTERING
When connecting to other existing Cast Iron systems, the method of jointing on the old system needs to be checked, as some original castings had external joints and some were internal. If in any doubt, email us an image of the joint and include the sizes and we will advise you on the best way of making the joint.
Most PVC Gutter manufacturers include adaptors to half round cast iron as a standard part of their range. These adaptors usually feature a rubber seal which is compressed to make a watertight joint by tightening a PVC strap, usually with a nut and bolt assembly. Adaptors to Cast Iron Ogee are also available, these connect the metal to the PVC gutter via a nut and bolt through the actual gutter section and utilise silicon sealant to make the joint.
INSTALLATION OF CAST IRON GUTTERS
All Gutter Supplies Cast Iron Gutters and Downpipes are supplied in 1830mm lengths, with pre-drilled holes that allow nut, bolt and silicon fixing.
Full Installation instructions that can be easily followed on site are available to download in our guides and tips.
Alternatively if you simply wish to read more about this type of guttering prior to making a purchase we have compiled a range of articles to help you with your decision. Please click here to read ourtop tips for purchasing cast iron guttersand our article on thefeatures and benefits of cast iron gutters.
Please visit our Cast Iron Gutters Guide & Tips section for more product reviews and comparison, videos and PDF instructions.
For details on delivery and returns of this product range, please consult the delivery & returns tab below.
PAINTING PRIMED CAST IRON GUTTERS
Alongside the most common and popular black, we also offer all of our cast iron gutter profiles in a primer coating option. This primer provides a surface to which paints can easily adhere, allowing these gutters to be coated with any colour of paint, provided that the type of paint chosen will not cause damage to the initial primer coating. There are a few other precautions that must be taken when purchasing and installing primed guttering, please see our full guide for more information.
Want some advice on how to install your Cast Iron Gutters, or interested in finding out more about our product range, take a look at our guides & tips.
Guides & Reviews
Installation & Maintenance
Our general Delivery & Returns policy can be found here. Below you can consult specific details regarding the Delivery & Returns of Hargreaves Cast Iron products.
DELIVERY OF HARGREAVES FOUNDRY CAST IRON PRODUCTS
Due to their extreme weight, orders containing cast iron rainwater and soil products will incur an additional delivery charge. Below are the details of how this charge is applied to orders depending on their total value of cast iron products.
- Orders under £1,000: £38.50 + VAT
- Orders of £1,000 and over: Free of charge
Due to their extreme length, orders containing cast iron soil pipes may have an additional delivery charge applied depending on the total value of cast iron soil pipes ordered. Please see the table below for more details.
ORDERS INCLUDING 3M SOIL PIPE
Up to £150 + VAT
£75 + VAT
£150-£375 + VAT
£85 + VAT
£375-£750 + VAT
£105 + VAT
£750-£1,000 + VAT
£15 + VAT
Free of charge
Please note - all Hargreaves products are currently on a 3 - 5 working day delivery lead time. Below are the delivery time frames that are usually expected for Hargreaves products.
Same day dispatch is available on (providing orders are placed by 11:00 AM):
- Round Downpipes & Fittings
- Gutters & Fittings
- Standard Rainwater Heads
- Traditional Express (Pushfit soil) fittings and 1.8mtr lengths
Please allow 3-5 days for delivery of any:
- Soil Pipes & Fittings
- Drainage Pipes & Fittings
- Traditional Express (Pushfit soil) 3mtr lengths
The following products are made to order, please allow 7-10 days for delivery:
Please note, that although most of our Cast Iron products are ex-stock, some items may be made to order, or painted to order, which can lead to extended lead times. Should your order be affected by this, we will contact you as soon as we can to advise of any delays.
Our Returns Policy for Hargreaves Foundry Products
Our cast iron products come directly from Hargreaves Foundry (HF) in Halifax so returns will need to go directly back to them.
Terms & Conditions of any returns
- All return requests must be notified within 90 days of the goods being despatched from HF. All damaged items must be notified within 24 hours of receipt of goods.
- HF reserve the right to inspect the goods prior to any agreement to return.
- All items must be returned in a saleable condition.
- Once agreed, the goods must be returned within 14 days from the date on the Return Form. Otherwise, the return will be deemed void and no credit raised.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to arrange and pay the cost of returning the goods to HF.
- All returns must be accompanied by the relevant Return Form.
- The original carriage charge is non-refundable.
- If for any reason the goods are returned damaged, HF reserve the right to charge extra for any remedial work or to have the item scrapped without refunding. The cost of remedial work will be advised prior to being carried out. The customer will be given the option to take the returned goods back at their expense if desired.
- Any bespoke items or specially painted RAL coloured items are non-returnable.
- Mech 416 Soil System pipes are non-returnable.
- All credits will be raised once the goods have been returned and inspected.
Restocking Charges which apply
Please be aware that all returns for Cast Iron Gutters and Soil & Drainage will incur a re-stocking charge:
- Premier Primed Standard Rainwater - 25%
- Premier Extra (Black) Standard Rainwater - 35%
- Premier Primed Sand Cast Rainwater - 25%
- Premier Extra (Black) Sand Cast Rainwater- 35%
- Premier LCC Soil - 25%
- Halifax Soil & Drain Systems Fittings Only - 25%
- Mech 416 Soil System Fittings Only - 35%
- Traditional Express Soil System - 35%
The % charged is based on the net selling price of the original goods - this charge is unfortunately out of our control as it is levied on us by the manufacturer.