Woven Geotextiles are made from 100% polypropylene or polyester and have long been specified by marine engineers, civil engineers and landscape contractors for use in stabilising soil and aggregate layers.
Non-woven options provide excellent separation, filtration and protection functions through thermally treated or mechanically bonded membranes; these membranes help with waterflow and filtration, and are indispensable in any projects where clogging soakaways or land drains might become an issue.
What are Geotextile Membranes?
Geotextile membranes are the large sheets of fabric that are often used in landscaping, engineering and drainage applications, such as filtration, soil separation, ground reinforcement and protection.
The two main types of geotextile, both of which we stock, are woven geotextile and non-woven geotextile membrane.
Both are generally supplied by the roll 4.5m wide by 100m long - but they can also be bought by the metre.
What can I use geotextile membranes for?
Our geotextile membrane can be used for filtration. Geotextile is used in areas where you want to allow water to pass but collect debris and larger soil particles.
Additionally, geotextile membranes assist the flow of run-off and drainage water to stop groundwater to rise so that instead of continuing to the surface which could lead to flooding. Instead, water will run along the membrane laterally where it can be channelled into a suitable watercourse or drainage pit.
Geotextile Membranes are also used in a range of drainage applications. When wrapping soakaway crates or land drains they prevent silt and debris from entering the system which will keep the system working efficiently as well as preventing any issues from occurring due to blockages.
Geotextile membranes can also be used for puncture resistance protection or as a barrier in order to block roots coming through beneath young plants helping them grow. In this instance, other weeds will be prevented from growing around the plant in question stopping them from taking away precious nutrients. which could hamper growth.
Similarly, membranes can be used as a barrier to contain harmful substances which could lead to contamination.
Our geotextile can be used for soil separation when you don't want soils to mix. Particularly useful when used to separate a stable granular layer from soft foundation soils. Without the membrane, it could lead to a loss in load-bearing strength, may lead to rutting and deformation of the ground.
- Geotextile Membrane Non Woven - 4.5mtr Wide Per Metre£5.86 £7.03 £7.32 £8.78 Save 20%
- Geotextile Membrane Non Woven - 4.5mtr x 100mtr Roll£198.15 £237.78 £247.69 £297.23 Save 20%
- Geotextile Protection Fleece - 4.5mtr x 100mtr Roll£744.62 £893.54 £930.77 £1,116.92 Save 20%
Our general Delivery & Returns policy can be found here. Below you can consult specific details regarding the Delivery & Returns of TCS Geotechnics products.
DELIVERY OF TCS GEOTECHNICS PRODUCTS
- All TCS Geotechnics products are currently experiencing delivery lead times of 3 - 7 working days
- All gabion baskets from TCS Geotechnics are subject to a pallet surcharge of £45.00 + VAT
RETURNS OF TCS GEOTECHNICS PRODUCTS
- Returns for TCS Geotechnics products must be arranged within 14 days of the original delivery date
- Returns will refund 65% of the original invoice value with 35% being deducted to cover handling, QA and administration
- Returned goods must be clean, undamaged and of merchantable quality with roll numbers identifiable
- Please note that all gabion baskets from TCS Geotechnics are made to order and therefore cannot be returned