Cast Iron Mech 416 Soil System
Our Mech 416 cast iron soil system by leading cast iron manufacturer Hargreaves is a fit-and-forget range of socketless pipes and fittings ideal for above ground soil and waste installations.
Offering a modern solution to traditional soil systems, Mech 416 is incredibly sustainable – known to last in excess of 100 years, the material can be fully recycled at the end of its lifetime.
Mech 416 is often chosen for repair and extension projects due to the simple and reliable couplings, and the advanced jointing techniques can save time and money when it comes to labour.
Manufactured in matt black two-part epoxy coating and to BS 416 (part 2), the system boasts all the benefits of a conventional socket and spigot cast iron system such as strength and longevity, but also requires no sound insulation unlike other soil systems.
Please note that for orders up to £750 + VAT, cast iron soil products are subject to a manufacturers’ delivery charge due to their heavyweight and carrier restrictions. Click "READ MORE DETAILS" to view a full table of delivery charges. Delivery is free on all orders over £750 + VAT.
Benefits of the Mech 416 System
The Mech 416 mechanically jointed soil system benefits from a range of enhanced features and advantages such as:
- Compatible with wide range of systems – The Mech 416 system is compatible with all BS 416 with the exception of the 70mm diameter.
- Quick, stylish and efficient – The coupling and jointing method is simple, and the two-part black matt epoxy resin is durable and stylish, providing a high level of performance.
- Lightweight – The Mech 416 system is lightweight and easy to handle whilst retaining the traditional qualities of cast iron.
- Cost effective – The lifespan of cast iron materials makes them an incredibly cost-efficient option over the years. Similarly, the easy fitting can save time and money on labour costs.
- Low maintenance – Cast iron is a low maintenance material, but the strength and improved surface coatings on the Mech 416 System delivers a fit and forget solution in most installations.
- Low noise operation – Wastewater systems can often create excessive noise due to the materials they’re manufactured from being low density. Cast iron is incredibly dense, and reduces the sound of the water flow, which is much more appropriate in certain settings.
- Safety and fire resistance - Cast iron has a higher melting point than PVCu or PE piping, and will not emit any toxic fumes or gases in the event of a fire, making it an incredibly safe option for public installations.
Typical Mech 416 Soil System Applications
The Mech 416 system is often used for repair or extension projects due to the easy fitting capabilities of the couplings. Some common settings that use Mech 416 include:
- Refurbishment projects
- Public buildings, hospitals and schools
- Apartment and hotel developments
- Offices and commercial units
- Retail buildings and car parks
Please Note: some castings within the Mech416 and TX product ranges have "EN877" markings cast onto them. Whilst the castings are dimensionally common with some of the EN877 Halifax range of products, these products are outside the scope of the BBA Agrement and BSI Kitemark certifications.
For more details on delivery and returns of this product range, please consult the delivery & returns tab below.
Want some advice on how to install your soil and waste system, or interested in finding out more about our product range, take a look at our guides & tips.
Guides & Reviews
Installation & Maintenance
Our general Delivery & Returns policy can be found here. Below you can consult specific details regarding the Delivery & Returns of Hargreaves Cast Iron products.
DELIVERY OF HARGREAVES FOUNDRY CAST IRON PRODUCTS
Please note - all Hargreaves products are currently on a 3 - 5 working day delivery lead time. Below are the delivery time frames that are usually expected for Hargreaves products.
Same day dispatch is available on (providing orders are placed by 11:00 AM):
- Round Downpipes & Fittings
- Gutters & Fittings
- Standard Rainwater Heads
- Traditional Express (Pushfit soil) fittings and 1.8mtr lengths
Please allow 3-5 days for delivery of any:
- Soil Pipes & Fittings
- Drainage Pipes & Fittings
- Traditional Express (Pushfit soil) 3mtr lengths
The following products are made to order, please allow 7-10 days for delivery:
Please note, that although most of our Cast Iron products are ex-stock, some items may be made to order, or painted to order, which can lead to extended lead times. Should your order be affected by this, we will contact you as soon as we can to advise of any delays.
Our Returns Policy for Hargreaves Foundry Products
Our cast iron products come directly from Hargreaves Foundry (HF) in Halifax so returns will need to go directly back to them.
Terms & Conditions of any returns
- All return requests must be notified within 90 days of the goods being despatched from HF. All damaged items must be notified within 24 hours of receipt of goods.
- HF reserve the right to inspect the goods prior to any agreement to return.
- All items must be returned in a saleable condition.
- Once agreed, the goods must be returned within 14 days from the date on the Return Form. Otherwise, the return will be deemed void and no credit raised.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to arrange and pay the cost of returning the goods to HF.
- All returns must be accompanied by the relevant Return Form.
- The original carriage charge is non-refundable.
- If for any reason the goods are returned damaged, HF reserve the right to charge extra for any remedial work or to have the item scrapped without refunding. The cost of remedial work will be advised prior to being carried out. The customer will be given the option to take the returned goods back at their expense if desired.
- Any bespoke items or specially painted RAL coloured items are non-returnable.
- Mech 416 Soil System pipes are non-returnable.
- All credits will be raised once the goods have been returned and inspected.
Restocking Charges which apply
Please be aware that all returns for Cast Iron Gutters and Soil & Drainage will incur a re-stocking charge:
- Premier Primed Standard Rainwater - 25%
- Premier Extra (Black) Standard Rainwater - 35%
- Premier Primed Sand Cast Rainwater - 25%
- Premier Extra (Black) Sand Cast Rainwater- 35%
- Premier LCC Soil - 25%
- Halifax Soil & Drain Systems Fittings Only - 25%
- Mech 416 Soil System Fittings Only - 35%
- Traditional Express Soil System - 35%
The % charged is based on the net selling price of the original goods - this charge is unfortunately out of our control as it is levied on us by the manufacturer.