Permeable Paving Cells
Permeable paving offers an innovative, low maintenance and easy to install solution to dealing with stormwater creating a grassed or gravel surface for parking or driving. The paving creates a permeable surface and allows water to infiltrate through the profile reducing stormwater runoff.
Permeable Surface With Minimal Maintenance
Nero Pave allows you to create a permeable grassed surface for parking or driving. It has a high load-bearing capacity but also protects vegetation from compaction. A high void ratio (95%) means lots of space for root development and stormwater infiltration meaning that surfaces installed with Nero Pave can reduce or eliminate the need for more traditional stormwater structures.
Nero Pave also allows a permeable gravel surface for parking and driving. The structure of the paving provides the perfect containment of gravel meaning that extensively used parking surfaces can be maintenance-free.
- Very high compressive load carrying capacity of up to 235 tonnes per square metre
- Allows 3D vertical and horizontal growth through unique cell structure
- Maintains void for effective drainage and root growth after backfill and compaction
- Easy to fit and cut via a clipping system
- Thin profile depth reduces depth of cover needed and allows the use of shallow planting
- Holds and creates a perch water table, providing ideal moist conditions for plant growth
- Recharges groundwater through infiltration
- Environmentally friendly - made from recycled polypropylene
- Creates green permeable surface and reduces heat island effect
- Reduces stormwater runoff rate & volume
- Reduces erosion & soil migration
Strong structure and high load capacity
Nero Pave can support heavy loads up to 230 tonne per square metre making it suitable for all types of traffic and heavy loads.
Multi-directional root growth and protection
Another benefit of the structure is that it facilitates grass root growth (unlike alternatives on the market). The unique hexagonal cut-outs and three-dimensional open grid design allows for unrestricted lateral and vertical root development. This forms an interlocked grid effect once established.
The cell structure provides a protective casing around the grass nodule making regeneration quick and efficient. At the same time protection from compaction (due to pedestrian and vehicle traffic) is given to the root zone. This ensures that the surface looks natural.
Nero Permeable Paving Applications
Rainsmart 50mm Nero Pave Cell is a lightweight, yet incredibly strong Cell panel, ready to be filled with Gravel or Soil mix to create aesthetically pleasing natural Green or Gravel surface to drive on for:
- Gravel car parks and driveways
- Green driveways
- Parking aisles and bays
- High-use pedestrian areas
- Overflow, stadium and event parking
- Church parking
- Handicap parking spaces
- Vehicle storage yards
- Loading dock areas
- Trails for multiple uses
- Outdoor storage areas
- Infiltration basins
- Utility Access Way
- On-street Parking - Grass Edge Shoulders
- Pedestrian Walkways
- Emergency Access
- Infiltration Basin Reinforcement
- Golf Buggy Paths
- Erosion Control
Used in Access Road Applications
Access lanes and fire roads also need to be constructed of a hard, all-weather surface capable of supporting the heaviest of emergency services vehicles and all its equipment. The high confined crush strength of our permeable paving offers a fast, economically feasible and proven solution to fire lanes and access lane construction.
Want some advice on how to install your soakaways, or interested in finding out more about our product range, take a look at our guides & tips.