EasyTank - Oil Tanks
Atlantis’ EasyTank range provides a range of domestic and commercial oil storage options including plastic & steel bunded oil tanks as well as single skin steel tanks. These tanks are suitable for storing a wide range of fuel and oil types such as kerosene, diesel, waste oil, heating oil, water and much more.
How Long Do Plastic Oil Tanks Last?
Atlantis’s EasyTanks come in a variety of styles, each one featuring a different guarantee as follows:
- Slimline Bunded Plastic Oil Tanks – 12 Year Guarantee
- Slimline Bunded Steel Oil Tanks – 10 Year Guarantee
- Single-Skin Steel Oil Tanks – 3 Year Guarantee
Each tank can of course last longer than their manufacturers guarantee.
Are Steel Oil Tanks Better Than Plastic?
There is no ‘best’ material when it comes to oil tanks, steel and plastic each have their own advantages and disadvantages over one another when it comes to storing oil, so in order to gain a better understanding of what’s best for you and your property, we will discuss some of the said pros and cons in more detail:
Pros And Cons Of Steel Oil Tanks
One of the key benefits of steel as a material is its durability and resistance to damage, even from extreme weather. Steel is also UV resistant; these properties allow for steel to be more resilient to accidental damage than plastic. However, steel tanks are far heavier than their plastic alternatives, making them harder to move around and install.
Pros And Cons Of Plastic Oil Tanks
Plastic tanks are easier to manoeuvre and install than steel tanks due to their lighter weight. They are also not prone to rust like steel tanks, though the risk of rust on steel is very low. Since plastic is an insulator, external heat takes longer to infiltrate into the oil inside, providing better protection. The seamless makeup of plastic tanks makes them less prone to leakages.
Plastic tanks are not as easy to recycle as steel unfortunately and are also less secure from a potential theft point of view. As mentioned when discussing steel gutters, plastic is not as resistant to accidental damage and can also be weakened over time if constantly exposed to sunlight.
What Is A Bunded Tank?
A bunded tank is essentially a tank within another tank, creating a double layer between the contents stored in the tank and the outside. This means that the oil or fuel stored inside is highly protected and would need to break through two layers before it could become an issue, which also makes them more environmentally friendly than single skin tanks.
How Far Away Should An Oil Tank Be From A House?
An oil tank should be no closer than 1.8 metres to a building or property that is not fire-resistant.
- EasyTank Oil Tank - Slimline Bunded Plastic 1000L£1,038.15 £1,245.78
- EasyTank Oil Tank - Slimline Bunded Plastic 1200L£1,153.51 £1,384.21
- EasyTank Oil Tank - Slimline Bunded Plastic 1750L£1,401.46 £1,681.75
- EasyTank Oil Tank - Horizontal Bunded Plastic 1300L£1,166.03 £1,399.24
- EasyTank Oil Tank - Slimline Bunded Steel 1050L£1,155.73 £1,386.88
- EasyTank Oil Tank - Slimline Bunded Steel 1350L£1,223.75 £1,468.50
- EasyTank Oil Tank - Slimline Bunded Steel 2250L£1,475.25 £1,770.30
- EasyTank Oil Tank - Single-Skin Steel 1100L£496.25 £595.50
- EasyTank Oil Tank - Single-Skin Steel 1350L£549.40 £659.28
- Advanced Tank Filter Pack£50.00 £60.00
- Watchman Sonic Electronic Gauge£115.87 £139.04
- EasyTank Spiral Float Tank Level Contents Gauge - 4ft£56.04 £67.25
- EasyTank Apollo Ultrasonic Tank Contents Gauge£93.21 £111.85
- EasyTank Steel Tank Security Locking Lid - 400mm x 400mm x 200mm£133.57 £160.28
- EasyTank 2" Overfill Limiter For Steel Tanks£164.31 £197.17
Our general Delivery & Returns policy can be found here. Below you can consult specific details regarding Delivery & Returns of Atlantis Tank products.
Delivery of Atlantis Tanks
PLEASE NOTE - Delivery lead times for our Atlantis Tanks are currently 2 - 5 working days
- PuraTank WaterTanks
- EasyTank Oil Tanks
- PortaFuel & StoraFuel Diesel Tanks
Although delivery is offered across mainland UK some postcodes may see additional delivery charges and restrictions. The affected postcodes are those that begin with the following: AB, IV, KW, PA, PH, PL, SA, TR, TQ. In addition to these postcodes, the following areas will also be subject to such additional charges and restrictions. Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Isle Of Wight, Anglesey, Isles of Scilly, Western Isles, Orkney Islands, Shetland Islands, Northern Ireland & Republic of Ireland, Scottish Highlands and Offshore Islands.