High-quality 160mm pipe and fittings
Manufactured in PVC-U, this system is strong and durable yet lightweight and easy to work with. It is suitable for high-temperature discharge. Our 160mm Underground drainage pipe and 160mm fittings are manufactured in accordance with BS-EN 1401.
All of our underground drainage pipes and the majority of our fittings are manufactured from UPVC, and all pipe, bends, gullies and connectors in the drainage system are commonly manufactured in a Golden Brown colour.
Features & Benefits of the 160mm Drainage System
160mm underground drainage is usually used for a collection of pipe runs from a small group of houses. It can however, also be used on longer pipe runs for single units as the fall can be lower than what you would normally get with a 110mm system.
This system is interchangeable with all other leading manufacturers 160mm systems.
Using PVC Drainage Pipes
Whilst clay drainage pipes are still occasionally used for new drainage installations, by far the most commonly used material used in the UK is PVC-U.
PVC-U (usually abbreviated to PVC) is lightweight, long-lasting and robust. The walls of a PVC pipe are extremely smooth, promoting a healthy flow of the materials within the pipe. PVC drainage pipes are resistant to high temperatures and most acids and alkalis.
When a number of houses are joined to the same drainage system, 160mm pipe is generally used for the pipe carrying the main flow. The 160mm refers to the outside diameter of the pipe.
In the UK the most common size of PVC underground drainage pipe for domestic housing is 110mm - you can view our 110mm pipes and fittings here.
DRAINAGE INSTALLATION GUIDES
You can find hints and tips on installing different types of drainage products in our Guides and Tips section below, and also more information on how to lay drainage pipes, but if you are unable to find information or the products that you need, or you are in need of any other technical advice give us a shout.
- Inspection Chamber Base With 160mm Inlets and Outlets - 450mm Diameter£45.08 £54.10
- Inspection Chamber Complete Set With Polypropylene Cover - 450mm Diameter For 160mm Drainage£91.09 £109.31
- Inspection Chamber Riser - 235mm Height x 450mm Diameter£28.45 £34.14
- Drainage Bend Single Socket - 15 Degree x 160mm£9.80 £11.76
- Drainage Bend Double Socket - 15 Degree x 160mm£11.03 £13.24
- Drainage Bend Single Socket - 30 Degree x 160mm£9.80 £11.76
- Drainage Bend Single Socket - 87.5 Degree x 160mm£9.80 £11.76
- Drainage Junction Double Socket - 45 Degree x 160mm£15.25 £18.30
- Drainage Junction Triple Socket - 45 Degree x 160mm£16.64 £19.97
- Drainage Junction Double Socket - 87.5 Degree x 160mm£15.25 £18.30
- Drainage Junction Triple Socket - 87.5 Degree x 160mm£16.64 £19.97
Want some advice on how to install your underground drainage, or interested in finding out more about our product range, take a look at our guides & tips.