Solvent Weld Waste System - White
White Solvent Weld is the most common choice for installations where pipes are on show in a room. It can be easily wiped clean with a damp cloth to give an "as new" appearance. For instructions on how to make a Solvent Weld Joint please click on the "Read More Details" button below, or click here to watch a short video showing how to make a solvent weld joint.
WHICH SIZE OF WASTE PIPE IS CORRECT FOR YOUR INSTALLATION?
32mm (1 1/4") - Used on Washbasins, Vanity Basins and Urinals.
40mm (1 1/2") - Used for Kitchen Sinks and other kitchen appliances such as Washing Machines & Dishwashers, Baths & Showers.
50mm (2") - Used for a collection of pipe runs or for commercial applications.
HOW TO MAKE A SOLVENT WELD JOINT
The end of the pipe should be cut squarely and any burrs and dust should be removed. Using our SC250 Solvent Cement, apply a generous amount of cement to both the outside of the pipe and the inside of the fitting. Push the pipe firmly into the fitting and give it a twist to ensure that the cement is well spread. Wipe of any excess cement with a clean damp cloth. Allow 5 minutes for the joint to set before handling, and as a precaution we would advise leaving the installation for 12 hours before water testing. Joint that have been made with solvent weld cannot be taken apart again.
CHOICE OF COLOURS
Drainage Sales Solvent Weld Waste Pipe is available in White (all sizes), Grey (all sizes) & Black (32mm & 40mm). Waste pipe that is installed outside for any length of time should be painted to protect it from discolouration.
COMPATIBILITY OF SOLVENT WELD WASTE PIPES
Most ABS waste pipe systems are interchangeable but you should always check that the pipe and fittings are a tight fit with each other. Solvent weld fittings cannot be used on Push Fit pipe as this is made of polypropylene, which is not compatible with with the use of solvent cement.
Our ABS (Solvent Weld) waste is manufactured to BS EN 1455-1:2000 / BS 5255 by FloPlast, who are one of the UK market leaders in Above and Below Ground Drainage Technology. Our waste pipe systems are all compatible with our Soil and Drainage systems.
- Solvent Weld Waste Pipe - 32mm (I.D.) x 3mtr WhiteBulk Save - View Offer
- Solvent Weld Waste Iron Coupling Male - 32mm White£0.86 £1.03
- Solvent Weld Waste Bend Knuckle - 90 Degree x 32mm WhiteBulk Save - View Offer
- Solvent Weld Waste Bend Swept - 92.5 Degree x 32mm WhiteBulk Save - View Offer
- Solvent Weld Waste Bend Swivel Male and Female - 90 Degree x 32mm WhiteBulk Save - View Offer
- Solvent Weld Waste Bend Swivel - 135 Degree x 32mm White£0.50 £0.60
- Solvent Weld Waste Branch - 135 Degree x 32mm WhiteBulk Save - View Offer
- Solvent Weld Waste Cap & Lining - 32mm White£0.86 £1.03
- Solvent Weld Waste Pipe - 40mm (I.D.) x 3mtr WhiteBulk Save - View Offer
- Air Admittance Valve For Universal Waste Pipe - 32mm - 50mm White£9.99 £11.99
- Air Admittance Valve for Universal Waste Pipe - 40mm White£4.25 £5.10
Soil & Waste
Want some advice on how to install your soil and waste system, or interested in finding out more about our product range, take a look at our guides & tips.