Halifax Cast Iron Soil System
Halifax Soil is a comprehensive range of socketless pipes and fittings which we supply in 100 and 150mm, which are used for internal soil, waste and rainwater drainage. The range is BBA certified and manufactured to BS-EN 877 standards. The cast iron has an excellent longevity, and is finished in a long lasting red epoxy coating. The system has many benefits such as being exceptionally strong compared to other soil pipe materials, and also has sound-deadening properties to keep noise levels to a minimum, making it ideal for commercial or public settings.
Please note that for orders up to £750 + VAT, cast iron soil products are subject to a manufacturers’ delivery charge due to their heavy weight and carrier restrictions. Click "READ MORE DETAILS" to view a full table of delivery charges. Delivery is free on all orders over £750 + VAT.
USES OF HALIFAX SOIL
Halifax can be used anywhere that a PVC soil pipe would go, but due to both the comprehensiveness and the unique benefits of cast iron it is more often used in commercial and public areas. The most common uses are listed below:
- Multi-Storey Car Parks
- Schools, Hospitals and other Public Buildings
- High Rise Offices, Hotel Developments and Apartments
- Bridge Drainage when exposed
- Retail and Commercial Units
LIFE EXPECTANCY OF HALIFAX SOIL
When installed and maintained correctly Halifax Soil systems can last in excess of 100 years, often outlasting the structure in which it is installed. In addition to this, cast iron is 100% recyclable at the end of its life. As well as this, cast iron requires little ongoing maintenance; annual inspections are recommended but upkeep work is rarely necessary.
There are two main types of connectors for the Halifax system: the Steel Max Coupling, which provides a simple single-screw design which is the quickest jointing method for the system, and comes in a galvanised steel finish; and the Ductile Iron Coupling, which comes in the same red finish as the pipework. Please click here to download jointing instructions for both types of joiner. Both types of joiner will provide electrical continuity as standard when correctly installed.
CONNECTIONS TO OTHER MATERIALS
Halifax can be connected to PVC Above Ground systems, and by extension PVC Drainage if required, using the HS4002 and HS6002 Steel Max couplings, or the HS4012 and HS6012 Ductile Iron Coupling if a continuous finish is preferred. For more details including information on making connections to waste pipes or clay drainage please read our Halifax Connections Leaflet.
SUPPORTING THE SYSTEM
Cast Iron is a very heavy system and so the right support is needed to ensure it is installed correctly. We recommend that you refer to our Pipework Support Instruction Sheet to ake sure you know exactly what you need to keep everything safe and secure.
SPECIFICATIONS AND DIMENSIONS
For detailed product specifications for all products in the Halifax range a full technical catalogue can be downloaded here. If you have any other questions or require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.
For more details on delivery and returns of this product range, please consult the delivery & returns tab below.
Want some advice on how to install your soil and waste system, or interested in finding out more about our product range, take a look at our guides & tips.
Guides & Reviews
Installation & Maintenance
HARGREAVES DELIVERIES & RETURNS
Delivery of Hargreaves Foundry Cast Iron Products
Please note - there is an extended lead time for some of these products as detailed below.
Next day delivery is available on (providing orders are placed by 12 noon):
- Round Downpipes & Fittings
- Gutters & Fittings
- Standard Rainwater Heads
- Traditional Express (Pushfit soil) fittings and 1.8mtr lengths
Please allow 3-5 days for delivery of any:
- Soil Pipes & Fittings
- Drainage Pipes & Fittings
- Traditional Express (Pushfit soil) 3mtr lengths
Please note, that although most of our Cast Iron products are ex-stock , some items may be made to order, or painted to order, which can lead to extended lead times. Should your order be affected by this, we will contact you as soon as we can to advise of any delays.
Our Returns Policy for Hargreaves Foundry Products
Our cast iron products come direct from Hargreaves Foundry (HF) in Halifax so returns will need to go directly back to them.
Terms & Conditions of any returns
- All return requests must be notified within 90 days of the goods being despatched from HF. All damaged items must be notified within 24 hours of receipt of goods.
- HF reserve the right to inspect the goods prior to any agreement to return.
- All items must be returned in a saleable condition.
- Once agreed, the goods must be returned within 14 days from the date on the Return Form. Otherwise the return will be deemed void and no credit raised.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to arrange and pay the cost of returning the goods to HF.
- All returns must be accompanied with the relevant Return Form.
- The original carriage charge is non-refundable.
- If for any reason the goods are returned damaged, HF reserve the right to charge extra for any remedial work or to have the item scrapped without refunding. The cost of remedial work will be advised prior to being carried out. The customer will be given the option to take the returned goods back at their expense if desired.
- Any bespoke items or specially painted RAL coloured items are non-returnable.
- Mech 416 Soil System pipes are non-returnable.
- All credits will be raised once the goods have been returned and inspected.
Restocking Charges which apply
Please be aware that all returns for Cast Iron Gutters and Soil & Drainage will incur a re-stocking charge:
- Premier Primed Standard Rainwater - 25%
- Premier Extra (Black) Standard Rainwater - 35%
- Premier Primed Sand Cast Rainwater - 25%
- Premier Extra (Black) Sand Cast Rainwater- 35%
- Premier LCC Soil - 25%
- Halifax Soil & Drain Systems Fittings Only - 25%
- Mech 416 Soil System Fittings Only - 35%
- Traditional Express Soil System - 35%
The % charged is based on the net selling price of the original goods - this charge is unfortunately out of our control as it is levied on us by the manufacturer.